IT Project Support Officer Volunteer
Suitable for -
What is the aim of the role?
To assist members of the ICT Programmes and Projects Team in carrying out project related administration tasks.
You will be part of a team contributing to the successful delivery of project across the Council
This role will help the volunteer become more knowledgeable on the key elements of project related work gaining experience and understanding in relation to PRINCE2 methodology.
Where is the role based?
The role will be based at Darby House in the vicinity of the Telford Shopping Centre within easy walking distance. There may be occasions where the role requires attendance at other sites but the person will be accompanied by an appropriate member of the Programme & Project Team.
What would I be expected to do?
You will be expected to work closely with the Project Managers assisting them throughout the project life cycle. For example, you will be required to attend customer meetings, gathering requirements, compiling documentation and helping to co-ordinate project tasks. These will include attendance at meetings, learning how to compile minutes of meetings, agenda items and identifying actions arising.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- The volunteer needs to have a friendly and approachable manner.
- To be IT literate in the use of word, excel, internet, emails/outlook.
- To have a can-do attitude and eagerness to learn the complexities of project management.
- Punctuality and commitment are essential due to meeting customer demands
What training will I be offered?
- You will have access to our on-line learning module (OLLIE) covering a basic overview of our Council Policies together with more specific training such as Equality & Diversity, Health & Safety, Smoking, Protecting Children & Vulnerable Adults and Confidentiality.
- You will receive On-The-Job training in terms of creating project plans, risk and issue logs and be taught the principles of PRINCE2 project methodology
How much time would I need to commit to the role?
This role can be quite flexible to suit your own volunteer / personal life balance. Working arrangements will be discussed during interview stage.
What support would I be given?
You would have the support of the Project Managers and their Team Leader.
You will also be allocated a member of staff to mentor you in your role.
You will have the opportunity to discuss your volunteering role and any issues that arise on a frequency to be mutually agreed with your mentor and yourself.