We at Big Local are committed to developing and delivering meaningful projects that our community have asked for.
We need volunteers to drive our Big Local Minibus. 40% of Brookside residents do not have access to transport. We have purchased a minibus to give local people access to opportunities. We already have regular groups using the minibus for day trips, but as the usage grows we will need to grow our volunteer workforce to accommodate this.
- Respond to requests from our Big Local Team.
- Be able to drive and collect and deliver passengers safely
- Respond to requests from Big Local.
- Adhere to Policies and procedures set out by Big Local.
- Receive training
Skills and requirements
- Able to drive, have category D on license or willing and able to undertake Minibus training
- Need to be over 21 years old for insurance purposes
- Hold a full driving license for a minimum of 3 years for insurance purposes
- Volunteers will follow health and safety guidelines and procedures
- Punctuality and reliability
- Volunteers will work off-site transporting local people to and from activities/day trips.
- Volunteers will be working alone so will adhere to the lone working policy and will
complete a risk assessment with staff member.
- Flexible working to fit in with minibus bookings
- No set working pattern due to nature of voluntary role
- Willing to undertake a full enhanced DBS
Training and supervision
- Candidates will undergo an induction so as they are aware and confident to deliver service.
- Risk assessments will be carried out on a regular basis.
- If required minibus training course will be supplied.
- Any other training will be supplied in line with the role.