My Sighted Guide is a service we offer that allows volunteers to become sighted guides. You will undergo training and learn to safely guide someone with sight loss, navigating environments and building self-confidence and increasing social interaction; whilst maintaining dignity and promoting independence.
What does sighted guiding involve?
- Provide sighted guide assistance on a regular basis to people living with sight loss – you will be matched with a suitable partner.
- Agree on when and where you will provide the sighted guide, as part of a mutually agreed activity plan.
- You must undertake all elements of My Sighted Guide training (approximately two days).
- Always maintain professional boundaries and adhere to safeguarding procedures.
- Approx.3 hours per week but variable per needs of individual./p>