TACT provides its service users with a structured and daily programme of activities and a powerful network of contacts to assist with practical issues such as housing, health needs, benefits and employment opportunities. TACT is a Community Interest Company run and managed by people who have been service users.
We have the following volunteer roles for which people going through the free accredited training volunteer programme can do:
- Support Worker, working within the Mon-Sat drop in, providing listening services (where a service user can have a one to one appointment with someone) where their needs are assessed, basic advice given if appropriate on mental health/addiction/housing/benefits/employment/signposting to other helping organisations.
- Printing Service - working within Strickland Print learning how to use the printing equipment for their customers.
- Choices Cafe - Working within the Cafe, kitchen duties, customer service etc
- Group Facilitator - Working towards and leading the many peer led groups (e.g Grief and Loss, SMART recovery, Womens Group)
- Administrator - Working for TACT doing any administration needed