Fundraising and Grants Application Volunteer
Suitable for -
Moonstruck Astronaut is a not-for-profit community theatre company based in Newport, Shropshire. Our mission is to bring the local community of Newport, Shropshire together through theatre projects and foster friendship, self-expression, belonging and confidence, first with our primary-school age children, then extending to young people and adults in time.
We have started running a Youth Theatre in Newport and continue to run outdoor Drama in the Forest workshops.
We are seeking volunteers to join our passionate team and help Moonstruck Astronaut community Theatre Company succeed in filling the gap in supporting local children’s creative development.
Volunteers have to be 16 years or over. There is no upper age limit.
We are looking for a volunteer Fundraising and Grants Application Manager, to help us improve our grant making and fundraising processes and achieve more successful grant applications.
- Create/manage a database of funders
- Manage subscriptions to funders (this could be subscribing to newsletters)
- Research potential grant funding and fundraising opportunities
- Support with writing applications and securing evidence (for example collecting testimonials/case studies)
- Create/manage a database of applications and outcomes
- Help monitor and evaluate our impact.
- Help Artistic Director meet grant funding deadlines and organize her time.
- Excellent I.T skills
- Good organisation, attention to detail and admin skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Proactive approach to tasks and activities
- Gain valuable work experience and enhance your CV
- Enhance your communication, organizational and planning skills
- Be part of an exciting community theatre company that is growing
- Help improve the lives of our children and surrounding community in Newport
Suggestive Hours per week: 2 - 4