Volunteer Role Title: Café Assistant
We are looking for volunteers to serve hot and cold drinks, cakes and pastries hygienically and maintain the professional presentation of the café.
- To provide a warm welcome and friendly, helpful customer service
- To comply fully with all Health and Safety and Food Hygiene Regulations at all times
- To prepare and serve teas/coffees, soft drinks,
- Use barista machine
- To serve cakes and pasties
- Collect payment from customers for refreshments etc
- Using the till
- To engage with customers in a positive manner and have a knowledge of the project
- Serving customers promptly and courteously and with a smile
- Ensuring drinks cakes and pastries served to customers is of a consistently high standard and well presented
- Clearance and clearing of tables
- Maintenance of a clean and tidy environment at all times in the café area
- Assisting in the set up and set down of the café according to procedure as required
- In accordance with Health and Safety Act 1974, to take care of own and customers Health and Safety at Work, this includes reporting any risks or potential hazards to Line Manager and Health and Safety Officer.