The purpose of role is to raise vital funds for the Royal British Legion’s mission by organising and conducting the Poppy Appeal in your designated area, working in support and under the guidance of the Local Community Fundraiser (CFR) and others appointed to assist.
- In conjunction with the local CFR carry out an annual review of the operation of the Poppy Appeal in your designated area and agree a set of actions to ensure the maximum possible funds are raised during the PA in your area.
- In conjunction with the local CFR, organise the recruitment and briefing of sufficient collectors and helpers to ensure sufficient coverage within your designated area.
- Maintain and share with the CFR, accurate records of collectors and helpers operating in your area.
- In conjunction with the local CFR, publicise and promote the Poppy Appeal in their area
- Arrange for ordering, storage, distribution and collection of sufficient poppies, collecting trays, tins, wreaths and other Poppy Appeal supplies and materials in your area, ensuring accurate records of locations and recovery are kept.
- At a pre-agreed location(s), usually within your designated area. You may also be required to visit the local Area Office, or other pre-arranged location for briefings, training or meetings.
Support and supervision
- There will be on-going day to day support from the local CFR who will periodically meet with you to discuss your role, workload, training and personal development as a Legion volunteer.
- In order for the role to be rewarding for you and the Legion, we ask that you give a commitment for a regular amount of time preceding and following the Poppy Appeal (normally the last two weeks of October the first two weeks of November).
We aim to make your volunteering with the Legion an enjoyable and rewarding experience. As a Legion volunteer you will be covered by our insurance, (but please note this does not Include the use of privately owned motor vehicles) and we will reimburse your travel expenses and other authorised out of pocket expenses.