Telford PDSA Head Office Volunteer Buying Office Assistant
Suitable for -
Our charity shops all over the UK help raise vital funds to treat sick and injured pets by selling donated and new stock to our supporters in High Streets all across the land. Our buying team, based in our Head Office in Priorslee, Telford ensure that the stores have sufficient selection of core and gift stock to sell, raising money for the charity. We are looking for a volunteer to assist the Buying team with a range of administrative tasks.
If you will have a natural affinity with creativity and design, alongside good literacy and numeracy skills; and experience in administration, data entry and retail please apply!
Volunteer Role: Buying Team Administration Assistant
Location: Head Office, Priorslee, Telford
Hours: Specific hours are by arrangement around availability, but a regular and reliable commitment will be needed. Our office opening hours are Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Love pets? Are you organised and pro-active? Do you possess great administration skills and thrive in a busy environment?
We are the PDSA, the UK's largest veterinary charity treating the sick and injured pets of people in need. Our vision is a Lifetime of Wellbeing for Every Pet.
• Enter product data into our Cybertill system.
• Set up product directories and trend guides.
• Compile mood and trend boards
• Maintain data in Excel spreadsheets
• Assist with general office duties and filing.
• Compliance with our policies and procedures including health and safety and data protection.
This list shows some but not all of the duties you may be involved with.
Role-Specific Knowledge and Personal Skills:
• Good team player with friendly and engaging personality.
• Able to listen and take direction.
• Reliable, conscientious and proactive.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Enjoy being in a fast paced environment.
• Experience of Microsoft Word and data entry essential.
• An eye for detail.
• Good communication skills.
• Experience of Excel and data entry essential.
• Natural affinity with creativity and design.
Smart and casual, reflecting the professional image presented by the PDSA.