To promote: Forces Friendly organisations in the local community.
The overall responsibilities include conducting outreach activities, greeting other veterans and their families seeking services, identifying community resources, providing information and referral services, and record keeping. This role requires the ability to work with veterans and low-income families, exercise good judgement and co-ordinate with a wide range of veterans’ service organisations.
The activities would include staffing the Information Hub, which is a physical “stall” at different locations within the Borough of Telford and Wrekin at 2-3 different locations weekly together with the AFC Project Worker, providing information and signposting to the people with the Armed Forces connections including the active servicemen and women, reservists, their spouses or partners, veterans and their spouses/ partners/ carers.
The information would include details of the local statutory services from organisations such as the local authority and DWP and also provision aimed specifically to the armed forces community from the forces charities and the government.
You will be also supporting users with accessing information on laptops on key websites such as Veterans Gateway, Telford & Wrekin Council, www.gov.uk, RBL and others.
You will be assisting the AFC Project Worker with presentations and workshops at different group meetings and be present at key events during the period November 2019 to August 2020.
What will you do?
When you first start:
- Complete an introduction to Citizens Advice and learn about confidentiality, health & safety and more
- Be trained in giving information and signposting
- Learn how to work with clients to provide an independent, impartial, confidential service
- Understand how to record actions and outcomes
In the hub:
- Greet people seeking services, assist with a core set of self-service resources information and flyers, signpost if appropriate.
- Ensure records kept for statistical purposes, completion of records to include referral data and other records as assigned
- Follow up on referrals in order to assess outcomes and provide additional services as required
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by the Project Worker./p>